• 9+ years professional experience with 3 published game titles, multiple unannounced titles, and 4+ years of 3d, HoloLens, and Virtual Reality content development @ Microsoft.
• Extensive Microsoft HoloLens Mixed Reality/Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality experience with internal Microsoft teams, and external clients.
• Able to create clean, accurate, on-model, 3d art assets with proper UV layouts inside Autodesk 3dsMax, Maya, and Luxology Modo.
• Skilled in modeling, texturing, and normal map creation of both hard surface and organic character modeling using Pixologic Zbrush and Agisoft Photoscan.
• Excellent working knowledge using Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter, and Substance Designer to create stylized, hand painted, or realistic textures.
• Experienced in directing teams of outsourced artists with Shotgun and Perforce while working directly with clients to achieve high quality 3d production at scale.
• Professional knowledge of digital clothing creation and pattern drafting using Clo3d Marvelous Designer.
• Excellent working knowledge of the entertainment industry production pipeline with experience developing in Unity and custom proprietary game engines.
• Excellent foundations skills, including composition, design, and color theory.
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills, outsourcer management, and conference presentation experience.
Microsoft Full-time Employee, 3D Lead on the Spatial Content team for the Windows 3D for Everyone Initiative, including The Windows Mixed Reality Viewer, Remix3d.com, Paint3d, and Microsoft Office handling nearly all of the Microsoft branded 3D content showcased throughout those platforms. August 2016 – Present
Responsible for creating a wide variety of 3D assets: hard-surface, organic, characters, environments, abstract, architectural, photogrammetry sourced, 3d printable, logo’s and motion graphics, cloth simulations, fibermeshes, prototypes, and more, including UV unwrapping and texture creation
3D Lead for Spatial Content team handling projects involving photogrammetry, 3d printing, and asset creation, conversion, and optimization for HoloLens and Immersive Mixed Reality (AR & VR) headsets
Outsourcer and internal artist management using Perforce (P4), Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), and Shotgun
3D Generalist support on Windows 3D for Everyone Initiatives, including the Windows Mixed Reality Viewer, Story Remix, Remix3d.com, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office
Modified and re-textured the Mixed Reality Viewer Default seagull model which was viewed in 17.8 million sessions with the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Tech Pipeline documentation for multiple projects including docs on GLTF/GLB formats and PBR rendering, and custom MEL scripting tools
Speaker at Microsoft’s Build Conference in 2018 and multiple Microsoft HoloLens outreach exhibits/events
Projects I lead and was responsible for creating content for included but were not limited to:
3d Artist/Generalist for P3 Studio's Strategy and Operations Media division, working on Microsoft's HoloLens, contracting through Run Studios and Insight Global. August 2014 – August 2016
Creating 3d assets and textures for multiple teams in multiple art styles
Facilitating 3d printing requests from multiple teams
Asset Decimation, retopolization, UV transferring using 3dsmax, Zbrush, Maya, and Simplygon
3d Assets for dimensional User Interfaces
Creation of assets for 3d printing in Microsoft's 3DBuilder Store
Research, experimentation, and prototyping spanning multiple disciplines (Unity, Adobe Premiere, 3d Scanning, etc.)
Hand selected artist featured for Hasbro and Shapeways’s My Little Pony 3d Printable collection, 2013 - Current
One of five initial Artists invited to collaborate and create officially licensed My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 3d printable figurines and jewelry in collaboration with Shapeways.com
Created multiple figurines to be 3d printed in metal and full color sandstone, while being mindful of production and pricing requirements
Asset creation, textures, and hollowing for 3d print using 3dsMax, Zbrush, and Autodesk Meshmixer
3d Generalist contracting through Collabera. 2012-2013
I was able to work on a variety of announced and unannounced projects during my 1-year contract with Microsoft's Central Media department, including but not limited to:
Character modeling for "Adera" (2012) For Windows 8 using Maya and Zbrush
Realistic digital clothing within Marvelous Designer and Zbrush for characters in Quantum Break and Forza
Clothing simulations using Maya nCloth
Character skin weights painting in Maya
Stylized hairstyles for characters using Zbrush and HairFarm
Hard surface sci-fi armor modeling in 3dsMax, Zbrush, and Modo
Numerous environment art assets modeled and rendered using 3dsMax
3d Environment Artist, 2008-2010
Shipped title: "World of Zoo" (2009) for Wii and PC
Worked as environment artist team lead on four out of eleven environments in World of Zoo, as well as numerous additional smaller sets, pre-rendered company logo, and design prototypes
Modeled and textured modular, hard-surface, and organic set pieces and props for a diverse set of environments using 3dsmax
Worked with level designers to create initial low-detail layout geometry and collision
Lead responsibility for all necessary Environment Art XML file editing/modifications
Rigged and weight painted mesh models for Havok physics and animation
Worked closely with programmers to ensure assets were fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity
Participated in the R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline of Blue Fang’s custom game engine
Environment Artist, 2006-2007, internship and short term contract.
Shipped title: "Cosmic Osmo's Hex Isle" (2007) for Mac and PC
Responsible for all modeling, props, texturing, lighting, and atmospheric effects for two of the game's six playable environments
Created building exteriors, building interiors, organic models, props, and creature models for unreleased products with and without concept art
Gave demonstrations about Cyan's art production/creation pipeline at Cyan's yearly fan gathering, "Mysterium"